*Minimum 15 years old to enter bath
Our purpose is to provide a peaceful space in which to breathe and unwind. Onsen Ma gives you the chance to change from the fast track to the slow, to unwind and spend time with us. Enter an environment of relaxing and revitalising energy.
The process of bathing cleanses the body, and it can also serve to refresh and relax. It is also considered to calm the kokoro, or person's spirit or heart. Thus, the bath is good for both the physical well-being and the psychological/spiritual well-being of the person.
How to take a Japanese bath
1) Take off all your clothes in the changing room and place them into a locker.
2) Japanese bathing is traditionally enjoyed naked. Swimming suits are not allowed. A small towel is provided to take into the bathing area for sake of your modesty, to be used when outside of the water. Once you enter the bath, please keep the towel out of the water.
3) Before entering the bath, wash your body with soap and water using the shower and washbowl provided in the bathing area. Soap and shampoo are provided. Please make sure that no soap gets into the bath water. Please tidy up your space after you have finished showering.
4) After showering, enter the bath and soak for a while. Note that the bath water can be very hot (typical temperatures are 38 to 40 degrees). If it feels too hot, try to enter very slowly and move as little as possible.
5) After soaking for a while, you may like to use the sauna. Once out of the bath and shower again before using the sauna.
6) Always rinse your body after a sauna before re-entering the bath.
7) Re-enter the bath and soak some more.